Car Next Door Brand Ambassador
Join the Car Next Door Team!
“Brand Ambassador” - New Casual Position Available
Car Next Door is are on a mission to dramatically change the way people think about cars. Car Next Door have the people, systems and community capability to facilitate neighbour-to-neighbour car sharing.
Car Next Door is on a mission to enable 10,000 Australians to share their cars with neighbours. We want to remove dependency on personal vehicle ownership and fundamentally change the way people make their transport decisions. All this will cut personal transport costs in half, permanently remove 87,000 cars from the Australian vehicle fleet, reduce CO2 emissions by 84,000 tonnes per year and foster greater community engagement.
We are enthusiastic and are dedicated to the cause of creating affordable and accessible car rental options for borrowers and utilising existing vehicles on the road. We like to challenge how people think about car ownership and sharing.
Through car-sharing we enable people to save money or make money and connect with more people in their community.
We are looking for an energetic, articulate and engaging team member to visit local businesses and distribute offers, flyers and other materials. The purpose of the role is to generate borrower and owner leads within the community.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The confidence to build relationships with local businesses and stakeholders in the community.
- Organised and system-oriented.
- A self-starter with good initiative and strong drive
- Enthusiastic and energetic. Able to confidently approach businesses and members of the community and talk to people about why they should use Car Next Door.
- You will need a car or access to a vehicle to transport materials.
- A can-do attitude. Be able to problem-solve and improve processes.
- A desire to learn. Someone who is constantly looking outside for new and better ways to do things.
- A basic level of computer competence.
- A passion for start-ups and sustainability. Passionate about sustainability and startups and be keen to challenge the way people think!
- Feels a natural connection with our Company Vision.
Location: Sydney - Office in Ultimo, visiting various locations in Sydney as required
Start date: As soon as possible: Applications wanted immediately
Hourly rate: $23 + Super. Plus per km compensation for usage of your car.
Job Type: Casual, approx 1 day per week, during weekdays. Flexible hours. Ideally able to assist with events and other activities, as required.
The key responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with local business and talking to people about the Car Next Door brand
- Encouraging business owners and workers and community members to sign up with Car Next Door and advertise the product via flyer drops
- Recording details of businesses visited & reporting back to the team
- Receiving and responding to feedback about Car Next Door from stakeholders and interested parties
- Attending community festivals and events as a representative of Car Next Door (on an as-needs basis)
Opportunity for advancement as the business grows.
Email email@example.com and include a covering letter outlining your relevant skills and attributes referring specifically to the ‘Ideal Candidate’ points above.