Communications and Media Officer job opening - Join the Car Next Door Team
- Fast-growing peer-to-peer car-sharing company
- Permanent full-time or part-time role
- Inner Sydney location (Ultimo) with flexible/remote working arrangements considered
Communications and Media Officer job available in a fast-growing, innovative start-up offering a package of $60k - $75k including super (depending on experience, pro rata for part time) plus potential equity.
Your new company
Car Next Door is fundamentally changing the way Australia travels by turning any car into a share car.
We let Car Owners share their cars with their neighbours during times they aren’t using it themselves. We do this by providing an online marketplace with safe and trusted members, a booking system and a range of in-vehicle technologies to make car-sharing safe, fast, and easy for both Car Owners and Car Borrowers.
We have a proven concept and we're on an exciting trajectory with rapid growth over the last 12 months, and having recently raised a substantial amount of capital, big plans ahead.
This is an opportunity to join a progressive start-up with a proven concept as we scale up.
Your new role
- You will report to the Communications Manager, assisting with the internal and external communications of the business. You will bring your experience and ideas to reviewing the communication strategy and implementing this across both traditional and digital platforms.
- You will manage the relationships with journalists and have responsibility for proactive media and PR relations for the business. You will be responsible for creating and distributing content for media and public relations campaigns, member communications and social media channels. You will use your strong knowledge of SEO best practice to assess and improve the company’s online search rankings.
- Your work will contribute to raising awareness of the company, growing our community of car-sharers, and building strong loyalty and sense of connection among our membership community.
- Your experience, energy, creativity and motivation will ensure that you excel in this role.
Location: Office in Ultimo, Sydney
Hours: Part-time (from 0.6 full-time-equivalent) or full-time arrangements will be considered. Flexible work arrangements may be negotiated.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategies across all traditional and digital channels of communication, including media releases, newsletters, email marketing and social media.
- Qualifications in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations (or equivalent level of professional experience).
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated success in using, contemporary social media technologies and platforms.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated success in applying, SEO techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with the media, preferably with a network of journalists ready to utilise in this role.
- Strong interpersonal and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning and organising work flow
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary package of $60k - $75k pro rata including super (depending on experience). There is an opportunity to participate in the company’s employee equity scheme.
You will join a team of people who are passionate about changing personal transport as we know it, bringing their heads, hearts and hands to the project of making the world a better place through car sharing. You will be working in a very fast-paced environment of constant innovation, creativity and improvement, with the opportunity to contribute to the direction of an exciting new venture.
What you need to do now
If you feel your skills and experience are relevant for this position, please send your CV and a short statement (600 words or less) explaining how your skills and experience match the selection criteria to Kirsty Wood, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org