Why Work for Car Next Door?
- Be part of a collaborative and transparent team culture - we all work hard for each other
- We recognise and reward hard work and get together to celebrate our successes
- Culture of continuous improvement and a focus on personal and professional growth
- Have a say in the future direction of the company
- Exciting company on a growth trajectory
What Car Next Door is doing, and how you can be part of it
Car Next Door is fundamentally changing the way Australia travels by turning any car into a share car.
We let Car Owners share their cars with their neighbours during times they aren’t using it themselves. We do this by providing an online marketplace with safe and trusted members, a booking system and a range of in-vehicle technologies to make car-sharing safe, fast, and easy for both Car Owners and Car Borrowers.
Car Next Door is on a mission to enable 10,000 Australians to share their cars with neighbours, thereby removing dependency on personal vehicle ownership and fundamentally changing the way people make their transport decisions. All this will cut personal transport costs in half, permanently remove 87,000 cars from the Australian vehicle fleet, reduce CO2 emissions by 84,000 tonnes per year and foster greater community engagement.
Car Next Door is looking to attract an enthusiastic and driven individual to join the Member Experience Team as we scale up. This is an opportunity to join a progressive start up with an already proven concept. The position will suit someone with an energetic spirit looking to join a driven and successful team (About Us).
Our members love us, they tell their friends, and that’s how we grow. In a nutshell, your role is to make them love us even more!
- High level of computer competence (you don’t need to be a programmer but you do need to be able to work across multiple systems simultaneously).
- Confident and articulate written and verbal communication, with the desire and ability to create an outstanding member experience for our Car Owners and Borrowers.
- Very strong people skills; you will be part of a growing and integrated team that will require both regular teamwork and an ability in conflict resolution with Members. Experience in Insurance Claims is a bonus.
- Highly organised and system oriented, with a keen eye for detail. You will be creating systems to help Car Next Door scale efficiently.
- Driven and self-motivated. You need to be a self-starter and have the ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Energetic and enthusiastic. We operate at a high intensity, with a high level of accountability.
- A desire to learn. Be a person who is constantly looking outside for new and better ways to do things. Our goal is to provide the best member experience in Australia (for any industry) and you will need to learn all the skills to make that happen!
- Feels a natural connection with our Company Vision.
Role: Member Experience Support. The role will be very diverse, spanning a wide range of areas within the business, including customer service, operations and sales.
Location: Sydney (we work in Fishburners, Australia's largest start-up hub and co-working space, in a great office in Ultimo)
Start date: As soon as possible - applications wanted immediately
Package: Position will include salary (Target Package range $50 - $60K including Super depending on experience) with the opportunity to join our Employee Share Option Plan. There is an additional loading for weekend work, and an on-call allowance.
Hours: Full time - 5 days a week, including some weekend work. (Part-time (minimum 3 days) would also be considered, but would still involve some weekend work). You will also participate in the after-hours on-call roster approximately once every 9 weeks.
The key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of exceptional experiences and service to Car Next Door members (being fun, happy, energetic, helpful, adaptable and showing initiative). Examples may be:
- Helping customers locate cars, and troubleshooting over the phone;
- Dealing with insurance claims, ensuring all parties feel they have been fairly treated;
- Re-engaging members who may not have used us for a while;
- Receiving and responding to feedback from members at different stages of their user experience; and
- Regular interaction with our members, reflecting our company values.
- Everyone in the team (from the CEO to our web developers) takes it in turns to be after hours on-call for a week every 6 weeks.
- On-boarding members:
- Managing all Car Borrower applications through to approval; and
- Building awareness of our referral incentives and systems, and encouraging repeat use.
- Operational and strategic support
- Contributing to the development of systems to train others on how to interact with our members and how to make us remarkable;
- Creating processes and protocols to ensure best practice is followed in any given incident; and
- Supporting the launch of Car Next Door in new cities across Australia, (we are currently in Sydney and Melbourne).
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a one-page covering letter telling us why you're the right person for this opportunity.