Digital Marketing Manager
- Are you passionate about all things digital?
- Do you love to dig into the data to find new insights to hypothesise and test?
- Do you have a proven track record for planning, executing and analysing a high number of tests across various channels to drive exceptional growth?
- Can you use your analytical and organisational skills to grow the success of Car Next Door’s peer-to-peer car-sharing network?
Join a high-performing team making the world a better place
Car Next Door is fundamentally changing the way Australia travels by turning any car into a share car. We let car owners share their car with their neighbours during times they aren’t using it themselves. We do this by providing an online marketplace with safe and trusted members, a booking system and a range of in-vehicle technologies to make car sharing safe, fast, and easy for both car owners and car borrowers.
2017 is shaping up to be the best yet for Car Next Door - we’ve recently expanded operations from Sydney and Melbourne into Newcastle and Brisbane and are well on track to have 1000 cars on the platform in the first half of the year. We’re looking to attract an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to drive our digital growth as we scale up. This is an opportunity to join a progressive start up with an already proven concept. The position will suit someone with an energetic spirit, who is looking to join a committed and successful team (About Us).
What will be your key focus?
In a nutshell, your role is to help new people find out about Car Next Door in their digital life, bring them to our website, and help convert them into members and active users of our car-sharing network. You’ll be reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and bringing your smarts, energy, management and prioritisation skills to drive exceptional growth through all online channels including our website, SEO and all paid digital channels (SEM, social advertising, retargeting and display).
You will be responsible for:
- Creating the best experience for new visitors to carnextdoor.com.au
- Defining the strategy and content of our public site/key sales pages such as our homepage, landing pages and sign-up forms.
- Conducting user research to gain insights and learnings in order to develop hypotheses to test.
- Defining and implement the SEO strategy for CarNextDoor.com.au.
- Defining and implement the strategy for all paid digital channels including SEM, Social Advertising, Retargeting and Display.
- Constantly working to drive growth across all key profitable channels, improve conversion rates and reduce CPA’s.
- Performance reporting and presentation of key data, learnings and conclusions to management.
- Managing a part-time SEM specialist.
- Working with an interdisciplinary team across marketing, communications, design and development to drive Car Next Door’s growth up and to the right.
What will you need to succeed?
- Product management experience working with developers and designers to improve digital web experience.
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills along with a demonstrated aptitude for reporting and analysing data for insights.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing using conversion optimisation tools.
- Comprehensive understanding of SEO.
- Firm understanding of Google Analytics - how to best to set it up, and use reports to drive insights and learning.
- Experience working with, managing and delivering results with Google Adwords. You won’t be doing the day-to-day yourself, however you’ll be managing an SEM coordinator and will be responsible for their end results.
- Strong prioritisation skills. You need to be great at holding yourself and others to account.
- High level of computer competence and a technical mindset. We are an online platform with a technological solution to car-sharing (though you do not need to be a programmer).
- Be a team player. We are firmly a ‘no divas’ business.
- Great organisation skills with a systems focus.
- Drive and self-motivation. You need to be a self-starter, with the initiative to solve problems as they arise. You will be also rolling up your sleeves and getting on the front line frequently.
- A love of learning. Be a person who is constantly looking outside for new and better ways to do things.
- A desire to get your hands dirty and drive exceptional growth in an exciting new industry.
- Feels a natural connection with our Company Vision.
Where, when and how much?
Location: Sydney (office in Pyrmont)
Start date: As soon as possible
Package: Position will include salary & potential equity for the right person.Target Package range $75-120k inc Super (salary will be heavily dependent on your current level of wizardry).
Interested in applying for this great opportunity?
Email email@example.com with your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining your relevant skills and attributes. We’ll be checking and responding to applications as they come in, so if you’re keen make sure you get your application in quickly.
More about Car Next Door
Car Next Door is on a mission to enable 10,000 Australians to share their cars with neighbours, thereby removing dependency on personal vehicle ownership and fundamentally changing the way people make their transport decisions.
All this will cut personal transport costs in half, permanently remove 87,000 cars from the Australian vehicle fleet, reduce CO2 emissions by 84,000 tonnes per year and foster greater community engagement.