No recruiters, please.
Car Next Door is looking to attract an enthusiastic and self-motivated front-end developer with full-stack exposure to join a highly experienced development team as we ramp up our offering for rapid growth. This is a unique opportunity to join a progressive start-up with an already proven concept and a strong financial position. The role will suit someone who wants to be part of a small, but experienced and effective, development team. The key responsibilities include:
- Work on the front-end development of our new native apps using Angular2/Ionic2 in coordination with our design team;
- Liaise with a senior back-end engineers to define and build robust APIs;
- Gathering requirements, generating mock-ups and developing prototypes; and
- Rapidly iterating as we push ahead with new development while maintaining and improving the current systems.
Ongoing, you’ll participate the support roster (alongside everyone else in the team). Our rapid growth over the coming months and years will also generate new opportunities within the business for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
Preference is for Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide, but Australia-based remote work will also be considered.
Skills & requirements
You will need:
- Experience developing mobile apps using a JS framework such as Angular/Ionic or ReactNative (we’re using Angular2/Ionic2);
- An understanding of the nuances of various mobile platforms;
- A focus on detail including around automated tests and documenting your code;
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements;
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a small team of dedicated and talented people;
- An understanding of what we’re doing (and why) and a passion to get involved; and
- 3-5 years professional experience in a similar role.
Nice to have:
- Computer science, engineering or equivalent degree;
- Experience developing full-stack web applications with Ruby on Rails or something similar
- An eye for clean, functional design and the ability to work magic with graphics;
- Experience using split-testing and data analysis to help validate interface changes; and
- Experience with, or an appreciation for, Lean principles.
About Car Next Door
Car Next Door is fundamentally changing the way Australia travels by turning any car into a share car. We let Car Owners share their cars with their neighbours during times they aren’t using it themselves. We do this by providing an online marketplace with safe and trusted members, a booking system and a range of in-vehicle technologies to make car-sharing safe, fast, and easy for both Car Owners and Car Borrowers. We have a proven concept and we’re on an exciting trajectory with rapid growth over the last 12 months, and having recently raised a substantial amount of capital, big plans ahead.
Email email@example.com outlining your relevant skills and attributes, and attaching your resume along with demonstrations of your past work.
Search templates (CTRL+Space)
Search templates (CTRL+Space)