- Do you have extensive automotive industry experience?
- Are you looking to use your engineering experience in a varied and exciting new opportunity?
- Use your mix of technical and Project Management skills to grow the success of Car Next Door’s peer-to-peer car-sharing network
Join a high-performing team making the world a better place
2017 is shaping up to be the best yet for Car Next Door - we’ve recently expanded operations from Sydney and Melbourne into Newcastle and Brisbane and have just passed the milestone of 1000 cars on the platform. We’re looking to attract an enthusiastic and driven individual to manage the processes and team of fleet technicians adding new vehicles to our platform.
This is an opportunity to join a progressive start up with an already proven concept. The position will suit someone with an energetic spirit, who is looking to join a driven and successful team (About Us).
What will be your key focus?Our members love us, they tell their friends, and that’s how we grow. In a nutshell, your role is to ensure we have the processes, tech and resources to ensure the smooth onboarding of new vehicles.
What will you be doing?
- Researching, designing and implementing new technological solutions to continually improve Car Next Doors’ service
- Stock management:
- Ensuring there is always sufficient stock for installations
- Ensuring stock quality, dealing with any issues regarding stickers, Calamps, toll devices and lockboxes as they arise
- Coordinating solutions with stock suppliers
- Responding to and solving member issues regarding technical problems, such as with GPS devices and lockboxes
- Installer management:
- Hiring, training and managing installers
- Ensuring all installers are following best practice regarding safety and installation
- Keeping confluences up to date
- Fleet installation
- Prepare install pack and New Car Owner pack
- Prepare and install Fred Lockbox, Calamp, toll device and fuel paddle in car
- Install branding on car
- Install flyer stands in local cafés
- Manage and maintain inventory for installations
- Troubleshooting any Car - Tech issues that arise
- Operational and strategic support
- Contribute to the development of systems to ensure a smooth transition as we scale
- Occasional help at events and marketing campaigns
- Regular interaction with our members, reflecting our Company Values.
- Operational and strategic support:
- Supporting the launch of Car Next Door in new cities across Australia, (we are currently in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Newcastle).
What will you need to succeed?
- Automotive/Electrical Engineering qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in automotive industry
- 5+ years’ project management experience
- Project Management qualification a bonus
- Experience in leading, managing and motivating a team.
- Active and enthusiastic person who likes a fast paced and hands on job. We operate at a high intensity, with a high level of accountability.
- Confident and articulate written and verbal communication, and a desire and ability to create an outstanding member experience for our Car Owners and Borrowers. You will potentially be the only human contact our Car Owners will receive, so first impressions are important!
- You should have good practical skills and the ability to solve problems on the go.
- Highly organised and system oriented. You will be creating systems to help Car Next Door scale efficiently.
- Driven and self-motivated. You need to be a self-starter and be confident working independently.
- High level of computer competence (you don’t need to be a programmer but you do need to know your way around a computer pretty well).
- A desire to learn. Be a person who is constantly looking outside for new and better ways to do things.
- A natural connection with our Company Values.
Where, when and how much?Location: Sydney (office in Pyrmont), you’ll be working off site approx 2-3 days a week. You will need a full Australian driver’s licence and access to a car.
Start date: As soon as possible
Package: Position will include salary & potential equity for the right person. (Target Package range $60-70K inclusive of Super depending on experience).
Interested in applying for this great opportunity?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining your relevant skills and attributes. We’ll be checking applications as they come in, so if you’re keen make sure you get your application in quickly.
More about Car Next Door?Car Next Door is on a mission to enable 10,000 Australians to share their cars with neighbours, thereby removing dependency on personal vehicle ownership and fundamentally changing the way people make their transport decisions.
All this will cut personal transport costs in half, permanently remove 87,000 cars from the Australian vehicle fleet, reduce CO2 emissions by 84,000 tonnes per year and foster greater community engagement.