Car Next Door is Australia’s leading peer-to-peer car-sharing platform. We are looking to recruit a highly experienced and self-motivated full-stack Ruby on Rails engineer to join our experienced development team.
The successful candidate will join our new offshore development office in Pune. We're offering top industry salaries.
This is a unique opportunity to join a progressive start-up with an already proven concept and a strong financial position.
The role will suit someone who wants to be a key part of the development team working on exciting projects in one of Australia's most promising start-ups.
You will initially be responsible for creating a new product that will complement our existing Car Next Door platform. You will help drive the technology direction of the company, supported by our well-rounded team. We plan to quickly expand our development team in Pune so there will be significant opportunity for promotion and team leadership roles.
The key responsibilities include:
- Development of an MVP version of our new product by building API endpoints for native apps, a full-stack administration site and connectivity with third-party APIs (including payments)
- Gathering/refining requirements and seeing them through to production
- Contributing to the direction of our technical environment and development practises
- Rapidly iterating as we push ahead with new development while maintaining and improving the current systems.
Our development office in Pune, India
Skills & requirements
You will need:
- 8+ years' commercial software development experience (with at least two years RoR)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Computer science, engineering or equivalent degree
- Ability to self-manage and work autonomously in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of HTTP, security and session management
- A focus on detail including around automated tests and documenting your code
- Experience debugging and optimising web applications for speed and scale
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a small team of dedicated and talented people
- An understanding of what we’re doing (and why) and a passion to get involved.
Nice to have:
- DevOps experience with cloud hosting
- Experience with, or an appreciation for, Lean principles.
Why work for Car Next Door?
Car Next Door is fundamentally changing the way Australia travels by turning any car into a share car. We let Car Owners share their cars with their neighbours during times they aren’t using it themselves. We do this by providing an online marketplace with safe and trusted members, a booking system and a range of in-vehicle technologies to make car-sharing safe, fast, and easy for both Car Owners and Car Borrowers. We have a proven concept and we’re on an exciting trajectory with rapid growth over the last 12 months, and having recently raised a substantial amount of capital, big plans ahead.
For a developer, it's a great place to work because:
- you're working with a small but highly talented development team;
- we take pride in our code. We set aside a day a week to address tech debt and improve the platform, so that our systems are a pleasure to work with;
- we are set up for remote work and most of our discussions including daily standups are on Slack;
- our rapid growth over the coming months and years will generate new opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your relevant skills and attributes, and attaching your resume along with demonstrations of your past work.